Three injured in clash in Dhubri; curfew reimposed
Dhubri: Three persons were injured in a fresh outbreak of violence as two groups clashed in the IG road area of this communally-sensitive town on Thursday after which indefinite curfew was imposed.
The incident took place when a group of people were returning from immersion of idols of Goddess Durga in Brahmaputra, police sources said.
Curfew has been reimposed indefinitely from 9 pm today after the clash, they said.
Reports of clashes are also coming in from different parts of the town, they added.
Curfew was imposed in Dhubri yesterday after six persons were injured in two rounds of clashes between police and protesters against the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator by unidentified persons on Tuesday night in IG Road area.
The curfew clamped from 5 pm was in force till 5 am today and had not been extended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores