Three injured in clash in Dhubri; curfew reimposed
Dhubri: Three persons were injured in a fresh outbreak of violence as two groups clashed in the IG road area of this communally-sensitive town on Thursday after which indefinite curfew was imposed.
The incident took place when a group of people were returning from immersion of idols of Goddess Durga in Brahmaputra, police sources said.
Curfew has been reimposed indefinitely from 9 pm today after the clash, they said.
Reports of clashes are also coming in from different parts of the town, they added.
Curfew was imposed in Dhubri yesterday after six persons were injured in two rounds of clashes between police and protesters against the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator by unidentified persons on Tuesday night in IG Road area.
The curfew clamped from 5 pm was in force till 5 am today and had not been extended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what