Three injured in clash in Dhubri; curfew reimposed
Dhubri: Three persons were injured in a fresh outbreak of violence as two groups clashed in the IG road area of this communally-sensitive town on Thursday after which indefinite curfew was imposed.
The incident took place when a group of people were returning from immersion of idols of Goddess Durga in Brahmaputra, police sources said.
Curfew has been reimposed indefinitely from 9 pm today after the clash, they said.
Reports of clashes are also coming in from different parts of the town, they added.
Curfew was imposed in Dhubri yesterday after six persons were injured in two rounds of clashes between police and protesters against the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator by unidentified persons on Tuesday night in IG Road area.
The curfew clamped from 5 pm was in force till 5 am today and had not been extended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India