Three killed, two injured in Assam explosion
Tinsukia/Guwahati: Three children were killed and two other persons injured in an explosion at Digboi in Tinsukia district of Assam on Wednesday.
"Three children were killed and two others, including a child, were injured in the explosion which took place opposite the Kharjan High School at Bor Torani village", Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner SS Meenakshi Sundaram said.
The exact cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained.
While one child died on the spot, the other two succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The dead have been identified as Rimpi Kurmi (10), Sandhya Kurmi (5) and Rupesh Kurmi (5).
The injured -- Bhanumoti Kurmi (25), Pushpanjali Kurmi (eight) -- have been admitted to the Tinsukia Civil Hospital.
As per preliminary investigation, Rinki`s father had recently brought a suspicious object to his house. The children were playing with that object when it exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered