Three killed, two injured in Assam explosion
Tinsukia/Guwahati: Three children were killed and two other persons injured in an explosion at Digboi in Tinsukia district of Assam on Wednesday.
"Three children were killed and two others, including a child, were injured in the explosion which took place opposite the Kharjan High School at Bor Torani village", Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner SS Meenakshi Sundaram said.
The exact cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained.
While one child died on the spot, the other two succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The dead have been identified as Rimpi Kurmi (10), Sandhya Kurmi (5) and Rupesh Kurmi (5).
The injured -- Bhanumoti Kurmi (25), Pushpanjali Kurmi (eight) -- have been admitted to the Tinsukia Civil Hospital.
As per preliminary investigation, Rinki`s father had recently brought a suspicious object to his house. The children were playing with that object when it exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman