Three killed, two injured in Assam explosion
Tinsukia/Guwahati: Three children were killed and two other persons injured in an explosion at Digboi in Tinsukia district of Assam on Wednesday.
"Three children were killed and two others, including a child, were injured in the explosion which took place opposite the Kharjan High School at Bor Torani village", Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner SS Meenakshi Sundaram said.
The exact cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained.
While one child died on the spot, the other two succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The dead have been identified as Rimpi Kurmi (10), Sandhya Kurmi (5) and Rupesh Kurmi (5).
The injured -- Bhanumoti Kurmi (25), Pushpanjali Kurmi (eight) -- have been admitted to the Tinsukia Civil Hospital.
As per preliminary investigation, Rinki`s father had recently brought a suspicious object to his house. The children were playing with that object when it exploded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?