Three killed, two injured in Assam explosion
Tinsukia/Guwahati: Three children were killed and two other persons injured in an explosion at Digboi in Tinsukia district of Assam on Wednesday.
"Three children were killed and two others, including a child, were injured in the explosion which took place opposite the Kharjan High School at Bor Torani village", Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner SS Meenakshi Sundaram said.
The exact cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained.
While one child died on the spot, the other two succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The dead have been identified as Rimpi Kurmi (10), Sandhya Kurmi (5) and Rupesh Kurmi (5).
The injured -- Bhanumoti Kurmi (25), Pushpanjali Kurmi (eight) -- have been admitted to the Tinsukia Civil Hospital.
As per preliminary investigation, Rinki`s father had recently brought a suspicious object to his house. The children were playing with that object when it exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing