Three killed, two injured in Assam explosion
Tinsukia/Guwahati: Three children were killed and two other persons injured in an explosion at Digboi in Tinsukia district of Assam on Wednesday.
"Three children were killed and two others, including a child, were injured in the explosion which took place opposite the Kharjan High School at Bor Torani village", Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner SS Meenakshi Sundaram said.
The exact cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained.
While one child died on the spot, the other two succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The dead have been identified as Rimpi Kurmi (10), Sandhya Kurmi (5) and Rupesh Kurmi (5).
The injured -- Bhanumoti Kurmi (25), Pushpanjali Kurmi (eight) -- have been admitted to the Tinsukia Civil Hospital.
As per preliminary investigation, Rinki`s father had recently brought a suspicious object to his house. The children were playing with that object when it exploded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites