Three major fire incidents in Guwahati
Guwahati: Three major fire incidents gutted a plactic factory, damaged a three-stroeyed building and injured a woman here on Sunday, police said.
A plastic factory was gutted in the industrial estate here destroying property worth lakhs of rupeesthis afternoon.
A short-circuit in an electrical transformer in the estate caused the fire and as the blaze intensified, it engulfed a 70,000-litre diesel factory inside the factory.
It took eight fire brigades over three hours to control the flame.
None was injured as the factory was closed on Sunday today.
Another fire damaged a three-storeyed building which housed a private boys hostel following a short-circuit here. A woman was injured in the fire.
Five huts and a shop were gutted in another fire in the city`s Anandnagar locality, but nobody was injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference