Three major fire incidents in Guwahati
Guwahati: Three major fire incidents gutted a plactic factory, damaged a three-stroeyed building and injured a woman here on Sunday, police said.
A plastic factory was gutted in the industrial estate here destroying property worth lakhs of rupeesthis afternoon.
A short-circuit in an electrical transformer in the estate caused the fire and as the blaze intensified, it engulfed a 70,000-litre diesel factory inside the factory.
It took eight fire brigades over three hours to control the flame.
None was injured as the factory was closed on Sunday today.
Another fire damaged a three-storeyed building which housed a private boys hostel following a short-circuit here. A woman was injured in the fire.
Five huts and a shop were gutted in another fire in the city`s Anandnagar locality, but nobody was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh