Three members of inter-state gang nabbed in Assam
Jorhat: Three persons belonging to a seven-member inter-state gang of robbers were arrested on Friday in Assam`s Jorhat district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested the trio, who had robbed a couple early today, from the railway tracks near Ataliagaon while they were on they were on their way to board the Inter-City Mariani-Alipurduar Express enroute to Dimapur.
The police recovered a 3.2 mm pistol, three rounds of live ammunition, five mobile sets and several gadgets used for lifting cars, opening lockers, shutters and locks and doors.
The trio had tied a couple - Biren Borah and Niru Borah - at their residence in Pragati Nagar of Bongal Pukhuri under Jorhat Police Station and looted Rs 60,000 in cash and gold ornaments worth Rs 5 lakh.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar said all looted items have been recovered from the arrested persons who were wanted in several cases including robbery, car lifting and highway robbery.
The arrested members of the gang, based at Dimapur, have been identified as Sanjiv Bordoloi, Dulal Saikia and Subhash Dhar and search operations were on to apprehend the remaining four members of the gang, Parasar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi