Three members of inter-state gang nabbed in Assam
Jorhat: Three persons belonging to a seven-member inter-state gang of robbers were arrested on Friday in Assam`s Jorhat district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested the trio, who had robbed a couple early today, from the railway tracks near Ataliagaon while they were on they were on their way to board the Inter-City Mariani-Alipurduar Express enroute to Dimapur.
The police recovered a 3.2 mm pistol, three rounds of live ammunition, five mobile sets and several gadgets used for lifting cars, opening lockers, shutters and locks and doors.
The trio had tied a couple - Biren Borah and Niru Borah - at their residence in Pragati Nagar of Bongal Pukhuri under Jorhat Police Station and looted Rs 60,000 in cash and gold ornaments worth Rs 5 lakh.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar said all looted items have been recovered from the arrested persons who were wanted in several cases including robbery, car lifting and highway robbery.
The arrested members of the gang, based at Dimapur, have been identified as Sanjiv Bordoloi, Dulal Saikia and Subhash Dhar and search operations were on to apprehend the remaining four members of the gang, Parasar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details