Three members of inter-state gang nabbed in Assam
Jorhat: Three persons belonging to a seven-member inter-state gang of robbers were arrested on Friday in Assam`s Jorhat district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested the trio, who had robbed a couple early today, from the railway tracks near Ataliagaon while they were on they were on their way to board the Inter-City Mariani-Alipurduar Express enroute to Dimapur.
The police recovered a 3.2 mm pistol, three rounds of live ammunition, five mobile sets and several gadgets used for lifting cars, opening lockers, shutters and locks and doors.
The trio had tied a couple - Biren Borah and Niru Borah - at their residence in Pragati Nagar of Bongal Pukhuri under Jorhat Police Station and looted Rs 60,000 in cash and gold ornaments worth Rs 5 lakh.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar said all looted items have been recovered from the arrested persons who were wanted in several cases including robbery, car lifting and highway robbery.
The arrested members of the gang, based at Dimapur, have been identified as Sanjiv Bordoloi, Dulal Saikia and Subhash Dhar and search operations were on to apprehend the remaining four members of the gang, Parasar added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India