Three militants held in Assam
Tezpur: In a joint operation, Army and Assam police on Saturday apprehended three militants, including two NDFB cadre, from a village in Sonitput district.
Two of the militants, Bishnu Daimary and Gelong Basumatary, belong to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), while the third Dilip Beg in a member of the All Adivasi National Liberation Army (AANLA).
They were apprehended from a house in Joratia village under Dhekiajuli police station.
Security forces recovered two 7.65 mm pistols, 46 rounds of bullets and two bikes from the three militants.
Police suspect that the three had gone to the village for an abduction attempt organised jointly by the two militant groups.
Interrogation of the three captured militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?