Three militants held in Assam
Tezpur: In a joint operation, Army and Assam police on Saturday apprehended three militants, including two NDFB cadre, from a village in Sonitput district.
Two of the militants, Bishnu Daimary and Gelong Basumatary, belong to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), while the third Dilip Beg in a member of the All Adivasi National Liberation Army (AANLA).
They were apprehended from a house in Joratia village under Dhekiajuli police station.
Security forces recovered two 7.65 mm pistols, 46 rounds of bullets and two bikes from the three militants.
Police suspect that the three had gone to the village for an abduction attempt organised jointly by the two militant groups.
Interrogation of the three captured militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city