Three militants held in Assam
Tezpur: In a joint operation, Army and Assam police on Saturday apprehended three militants, including two NDFB cadre, from a village in Sonitput district.
Two of the militants, Bishnu Daimary and Gelong Basumatary, belong to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), while the third Dilip Beg in a member of the All Adivasi National Liberation Army (AANLA).
They were apprehended from a house in Joratia village under Dhekiajuli police station.
Security forces recovered two 7.65 mm pistols, 46 rounds of bullets and two bikes from the three militants.
Police suspect that the three had gone to the village for an abduction attempt organised jointly by the two militant groups.
Interrogation of the three captured militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das