Three militants held in Assam
Tezpur: In a joint operation, Army and Assam police on Saturday apprehended three militants, including two NDFB cadre, from a village in Sonitput district.
Two of the militants, Bishnu Daimary and Gelong Basumatary, belong to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), while the third Dilip Beg in a member of the All Adivasi National Liberation Army (AANLA).
They were apprehended from a house in Joratia village under Dhekiajuli police station.
Security forces recovered two 7.65 mm pistols, 46 rounds of bullets and two bikes from the three militants.
Police suspect that the three had gone to the village for an abduction attempt organised jointly by the two militant groups.
Interrogation of the three captured militants is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace