Three new born infants and expecting woman die in hospital in Assam
Guwahati: Three new born infants and an expectant mother have died at the Sibsagar Civil Hospital with a magesterial inquiry being ordered on Saturday.
"I am very upset with the death of three infants and an expectant mother in Sibsagar. I am sending senior official to find out the reasons and to take necessary action," Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Twitter.
Sibsagar Deputy Commissioner JN Lahkar ordered a magisterial inquiry and ordered suspension of two nurses and an assistant.
Family members of the dead infants and the woman have alleged negligence by the nurses and assistants on duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried