Three new born infants and expecting woman die in hospital in Assam
Guwahati: Three new born infants and an expectant mother have died at the Sibsagar Civil Hospital with a magesterial inquiry being ordered on Saturday.
"I am very upset with the death of three infants and an expectant mother in Sibsagar. I am sending senior official to find out the reasons and to take necessary action," Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Twitter.
Sibsagar Deputy Commissioner JN Lahkar ordered a magisterial inquiry and ordered suspension of two nurses and an assistant.
Family members of the dead infants and the woman have alleged negligence by the nurses and assistants on duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre