Three new born infants and expecting woman die in hospital in Assam
Guwahati: Three new born infants and an expectant mother have died at the Sibsagar Civil Hospital with a magesterial inquiry being ordered on Saturday.
"I am very upset with the death of three infants and an expectant mother in Sibsagar. I am sending senior official to find out the reasons and to take necessary action," Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Twitter.
Sibsagar Deputy Commissioner JN Lahkar ordered a magisterial inquiry and ordered suspension of two nurses and an assistant.
Family members of the dead infants and the woman have alleged negligence by the nurses and assistants on duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’