Three of a family die in road accident in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: A Northeast Frontier Railway
engineer was killed along with his wife and minor daughter in
a road accident in Sibsagar district of Assam Tuesday.
The accident occurred at Ghilaguri near here when a
bus coming from the opposite direction collided with their car
which was being pulled out from a road-side ditch, official
The family was travelling from Dibbrugarh to Jorhat
when their car overturned while negotiating a turn on NH 37
and fell into the ditch.
The engineer identified as Nabaranjan Chetia along with
his wife Rumi and daughter Maina (12) died on the spot, the
Eye witnesses said the car was dragged for about 200
metres by the moving bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire