Three of a family hacked to death and burnt in Assam
Golaghat (Assam): Three members of a family were hacked to death and their bodies burnt by miscreants in Assam`s Golaghat district, police said on Wednesday.
Jimi Brown Borgohain, who had set up an English school at Borbali Bebejiagaon in the district, his wife Manjit and 11-year old daughter Rose were attacked with sharp weapons and hacked to death late last night.
The miscreants later burnt their bodies outside their house.
The police recovered their charred bodies today.
Police suspect personal enmity as the motive behind the killing and have picked up two people for interrogation in this connection.
Golaghat Deputy Commissioner Sanjiv Gohain Boruah has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss