Three of a family hacked to death and burnt in Assam
Golaghat (Assam): Three members of a family were hacked to death and their bodies burnt by miscreants in Assam`s Golaghat district, police said on Wednesday.
Jimi Brown Borgohain, who had set up an English school at Borbali Bebejiagaon in the district, his wife Manjit and 11-year old daughter Rose were attacked with sharp weapons and hacked to death late last night.
The miscreants later burnt their bodies outside their house.
The police recovered their charred bodies today.
Police suspect personal enmity as the motive behind the killing and have picked up two people for interrogation in this connection.
Golaghat Deputy Commissioner Sanjiv Gohain Boruah has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits