Three of a family hacked to death and burnt in Assam
Golaghat (Assam): Three members of a family were hacked to death and their bodies burnt by miscreants in Assam`s Golaghat district, police said on Wednesday.
Jimi Brown Borgohain, who had set up an English school at Borbali Bebejiagaon in the district, his wife Manjit and 11-year old daughter Rose were attacked with sharp weapons and hacked to death late last night.
The miscreants later burnt their bodies outside their house.
The police recovered their charred bodies today.
Police suspect personal enmity as the motive behind the killing and have picked up two people for interrogation in this connection.
Golaghat Deputy Commissioner Sanjiv Gohain Boruah has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves