Three of a family hacked to death and burnt in Assam
Golaghat (Assam): Three members of a family were hacked to death and their bodies burnt by miscreants in Assam`s Golaghat district, police said on Wednesday.
Jimi Brown Borgohain, who had set up an English school at Borbali Bebejiagaon in the district, his wife Manjit and 11-year old daughter Rose were attacked with sharp weapons and hacked to death late last night.
The miscreants later burnt their bodies outside their house.
The police recovered their charred bodies today.
Police suspect personal enmity as the motive behind the killing and have picked up two people for interrogation in this connection.
Golaghat Deputy Commissioner Sanjiv Gohain Boruah has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre