Three of a family hacked to death and burnt in Assam
Golaghat (Assam): Three members of a family were hacked to death and their bodies burnt by miscreants in Assam`s Golaghat district, police said on Wednesday.
Jimi Brown Borgohain, who had set up an English school at Borbali Bebejiagaon in the district, his wife Manjit and 11-year old daughter Rose were attacked with sharp weapons and hacked to death late last night.
The miscreants later burnt their bodies outside their house.
The police recovered their charred bodies today.
Police suspect personal enmity as the motive behind the killing and have picked up two people for interrogation in this connection.
Golaghat Deputy Commissioner Sanjiv Gohain Boruah has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines