Three persons of a Chakma family feared drowned
Aizawl: A 25 year-old man belonging to the Chakma community and his two sons were feared drowned in the Khawthlangtuipui river bordering Bangladesh when their boat capsized, delayed police reports reaching here Monday said.
The reports said that Burun Chakma, a resident of Diblibagh near Tlabung town and his two sons - Aisa (5) and Ojon (one and half years old) were drowned in the river on Saturday.
Their bodies were yet to be recovered.
The boat in which Barun Chakma was aboard with his wife Santi, two sons and two sons-in-law carrying husked rice weighing around 30 kg, capsized in the strong current.
His wife and two sons-in-law managed to swim across with the help of some people.
Young Chakma Association (YCA) asked the villagers in the down stream to join in the rescue work as the strong current of the water was making it difficult for the volunteers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi