Three persons of a Chakma family feared drowned
Aizawl: A 25 year-old man belonging to the Chakma community and his two sons were feared drowned in the Khawthlangtuipui river bordering Bangladesh when their boat capsized, delayed police reports reaching here Monday said.
The reports said that Burun Chakma, a resident of Diblibagh near Tlabung town and his two sons - Aisa (5) and Ojon (one and half years old) were drowned in the river on Saturday.
Their bodies were yet to be recovered.
The boat in which Barun Chakma was aboard with his wife Santi, two sons and two sons-in-law carrying husked rice weighing around 30 kg, capsized in the strong current.
His wife and two sons-in-law managed to swim across with the help of some people.
Young Chakma Association (YCA) asked the villagers in the down stream to join in the rescue work as the strong current of the water was making it difficult for the volunteers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy