Three SSB men killed in ambush in Assam`s Kokrajhar district
Kokrajhar (Assam): At least three security
personnel of the Sashasthra Seema Bal (SSB) were killed in an
ambush by militants of the anti-talk faction of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) in Kokrajhar district on Monday, the police said.
The SSB men, belonging to the 31G company, were on
patrol duty when the militants fired on their vehicle
indiscriminately in the remote area of Lalvita, falling under
Kachugaon police station, on Indo-Bhutan border at about 12
noon, they said.
The three dead were identified as Subhash Ranjit,
Bhagat Kumar and Radhyashyam.
The attack took place when the first phase of election
was on in many areas of Assam. Kokrajhar, headquarters of the
Bodoland Territorial Council, however, would go to polls in
the second and final phase on April 11.
The NDFB anti-talk faction had ambushed a BSF patrol
party in nearby Ultapani area on March 14 in which eight
jawans were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players