Three suspected ULFA men arrested, arms recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Three suspected ULFA militants were arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the wee hours on Tuesday, police said.
"After getting an information, we laid traps at seven places around Guwahati. Post midnight, we spotted a vehicle and searched it. We recovered the arms from there and arrested three persons," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Three AK-81 rifles, nine magazines and three US-made bottle grenades were recovered from the vehicle, he said.
The arms were being taken to Goalpara district near the border with Meghalaya, Bishnoi said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- After Salman Khan, IOA approaches Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rahman to be Goodwill Ambassadors
- IMF sees emerging market innovations as 'crankiness' of Governor: Raghuram Rajan
- Strengthen ties with India to counter China, Obama administration told
- Burkina bans officials from accepting gifts over $60
- Controversy in the making: Centre asks Urdu writers not to write anti-national content