Three suspected ULFA men arrested, arms recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Three suspected ULFA militants were arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the wee hours on Tuesday, police said.
"After getting an information, we laid traps at seven places around Guwahati. Post midnight, we spotted a vehicle and searched it. We recovered the arms from there and arrested three persons," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Three AK-81 rifles, nine magazines and three US-made bottle grenades were recovered from the vehicle, he said.
The arms were being taken to Goalpara district near the border with Meghalaya, Bishnoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister