Three suspected ULFA men arrested, arms recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Three suspected ULFA militants were arrested and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the wee hours on Tuesday, police said.
"After getting an information, we laid traps at seven places around Guwahati. Post midnight, we spotted a vehicle and searched it. We recovered the arms from there and arrested three persons," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Three AK-81 rifles, nine magazines and three US-made bottle grenades were recovered from the vehicle, he said.
The arms were being taken to Goalpara district near the border with Meghalaya, Bishnoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?