Three train passengers drugged and robbed, one dead
Guwahati: Three train passengers were found in an unconscious state in Dibrugarh-Kamakhya Express at Kamakhya station here Monday and one of them died in hospital.
According to the police the three were found in a drugged condition in a compartment of the train around 6.30 am with their money and belongings robbed.
They were immediately admitted to the railway hospital here where one of them died in the ICU.
The other two men are in a serious condition, the sources said.
One of them, however, told the police that a fellow passenger had offered them tea and snacks and they fell unconscious after consuming the eatables.
Suspecting the eatables were laced with drugs, he said, the three were also looted of their money and bags containing clothes and other personal belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’