Three train passengers drugged and robbed, one dead
Guwahati: Three train passengers were found in an unconscious state in Dibrugarh-Kamakhya Express at Kamakhya station here Monday and one of them died in hospital.
According to the police the three were found in a drugged condition in a compartment of the train around 6.30 am with their money and belongings robbed.
They were immediately admitted to the railway hospital here where one of them died in the ICU.
The other two men are in a serious condition, the sources said.
One of them, however, told the police that a fellow passenger had offered them tea and snacks and they fell unconscious after consuming the eatables.
Suspecting the eatables were laced with drugs, he said, the three were also looted of their money and bags containing clothes and other personal belongings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged