Three train passengers drugged and robbed, one dead
Guwahati: Three train passengers were found in an unconscious state in Dibrugarh-Kamakhya Express at Kamakhya station here Monday and one of them died in hospital.
According to the police the three were found in a drugged condition in a compartment of the train around 6.30 am with their money and belongings robbed.
They were immediately admitted to the railway hospital here where one of them died in the ICU.
The other two men are in a serious condition, the sources said.
One of them, however, told the police that a fellow passenger had offered them tea and snacks and they fell unconscious after consuming the eatables.
Suspecting the eatables were laced with drugs, he said, the three were also looted of their money and bags containing clothes and other personal belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi