Tibetans rallly in Assam
Guwahati: The Tibetan community of the
North Eastern region on Saturday celebrated the 53rd anniversary of their `Uprising day`.
Over thousand Tibetans, drawn from Meghalaya,
Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh besides Assam, participated in a
rally from the Dighalipukhuri area of the city to Chandmari.
In the rally at Dighalipukhuri speakers alleged that
many Tibetans have died while demanding the return of Dalai
Lama from exile.
Members from the Tibetan Solidarity Community, North
East India, who organised the protest, said there was
widespread resentment among the people of Tibet.
"The Tibetans are in exile and with great sorrow we
are observing the 53rd anniversary of our uprising to support
the cause of peaceful struggle...," Ansung Lama, a protestor,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead