Tibetans rallly in Assam
Guwahati: The Tibetan community of the
North Eastern region on Saturday celebrated the 53rd anniversary of their `Uprising day`.
Over thousand Tibetans, drawn from Meghalaya,
Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh besides Assam, participated in a
rally from the Dighalipukhuri area of the city to Chandmari.
In the rally at Dighalipukhuri speakers alleged that
many Tibetans have died while demanding the return of Dalai
Lama from exile.
Members from the Tibetan Solidarity Community, North
East India, who organised the protest, said there was
widespread resentment among the people of Tibet.
"The Tibetans are in exile and with great sorrow we
are observing the 53rd anniversary of our uprising to support
the cause of peaceful struggle...," Ansung Lama, a protestor,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'