Tight security on ULFA ‘Protest Day’
Guwahati: Security throughout Assam has been tightened on the occasion of ULFA`s "Protest Day" on Wednesday as the anti-talk faction of the organisation pledged to continue with its struggle.
The security has been beefed up at all vital installations including oil and gas pipelines, bridges, railway lines and other vulnerable areas, official sources said here.
Patrolling has been intensified in sensitive areas with vehicles being thoroughly checked along the highways as well as at the entry and exit of all towns and cities.
ULFA`s anti-talk faction chairman Abhizeet Asom said that his organisation was committed to the cause of "Assam`s sovereignty" and "we will march ahead in this direction without any compromise".
"People have not lost faith in our organisation as reflected by streams of boys and girls volunteering to join the ULFA during the last 12 months," he said in his protest-day speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum