Time-bound probe into scandals if BJP voted to power: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said the party-led government in Assam would order a
time-bound probe into efforts to cover up all scandals in the
state if it comes to power.
"There is an effort by the Congress governments both
at the Centre and the state to cover up all monetary scandals
coming one after the other," Jaitley, currently on campaign
trail in the state for the second phase on April 11, told
"We will not allow corruption to grow further and
allow them (Congress) to cover up the scandals. Everyone will
be made accountable," Jaitley said.
Reacting to Congress` charge that BJP was trying to
make corruption a poll issue and would forget it after the
polls, he said it was for the people to judge about so many
scandals coming to light and they were bound to be an issue
during the polls.
"The possible defeat of the Congress in Assam will
have a great impact at the national-level and will reflect the
misdeeds of that party and its governance," Jaitley added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'