TISS to have permanent campus soon in Assam
Guwahati: TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati, now functioning from a temporary site at Uzan Bazar area here, will soon have a permanent campus at Tetelia on the outskirts of the city.
On the directive of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, the state revenue department has demarcated the land and approach road leading to the permanent campus behind Assam Engineering College in Jalukbari where Gauhati University is also located, official sources said today.
An additional 10 acres of land has also been allocated to the new campus and construction of its boundary wall has begun.
Hindustan Steelworks Construction Ltd (HSCL) along with TISS architect Rusi Khambatta has finalised the architectural plan, the sources said.
At a joint meeting recently held among TISS, Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) and HSCL at TISS-Mumbai on the development of the new TISS campus here, TISS Director S Parasuraman had said fund problem for the project was over. This was because Rs 60 crore had been sanctioned by the Ministry of DoNER and Rs 23 crore by UGC and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown