TISS to have permanent campus soon in Assam
Guwahati: TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati, now functioning from a temporary site at Uzan Bazar area here, will soon have a permanent campus at Tetelia on the outskirts of the city.
On the directive of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, the state revenue department has demarcated the land and approach road leading to the permanent campus behind Assam Engineering College in Jalukbari where Gauhati University is also located, official sources said today.
An additional 10 acres of land has also been allocated to the new campus and construction of its boundary wall has begun.
Hindustan Steelworks Construction Ltd (HSCL) along with TISS architect Rusi Khambatta has finalised the architectural plan, the sources said.
At a joint meeting recently held among TISS, Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) and HSCL at TISS-Mumbai on the development of the new TISS campus here, TISS Director S Parasuraman had said fund problem for the project was over. This was because Rs 60 crore had been sanctioned by the Ministry of DoNER and Rs 23 crore by UGC and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city