Top Assam cop`s spouse found dead near Guwahati shrine
Guwahati: Guwahati police recovered the bullet-ridden body of the spouse of a top Assam police official from a vehicle near the famed Kamakhya temple in the city Thursday evening.
Police found the body of Nilotpal Lahon, husband of Additional Superintendent of Police Leena Doley, inside a Tata Sumo vehicle parked near Kamakhya.
Police said that locals spotted the vehicle with the deceased on the driving seat, holding a pistol in his hand and with blood oozing from his forehead.
Senior Superintendent of Police Anand Prakash Tiwari said preliminary investigation indicated it to be a suicide as there was a pistol in the hands of the deceased. "However, we can confirm it only after a detailed investigation," he said.
Sources said that Lahon was the son of former MLA from Lakhimpur, Lakhon Lahon and was working with Tata Motors in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday