Train derails in Assam, over 50 injured
Guwahati: Ten coaches of the 15666 BG Express derailed at Ajuri station near Morigaon in central Assam early Wednesday and over 50 passengers were injured, police said.
The three coaches of the Dimapur-Kamakhya train jumped the tracks but toppled down near Jagiroad in Morigaon district at 0205 am, they said.
Seventeen passengers were seriously injured and shifted to Gauhati Medical College Hospital, police said.
Rest of the passengers were reported to have received minor injuries and were released after receiving first aid in Morigaon Civil Hospital, Northeast Frontier Railway sources said.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the site and rescue operations are on.
Helpline phone numbers have been activated and they are at Dimapur 03862-228404, Lumding 03674-264848/49/50 and Guwahati 0361-2731621/22/23, sources said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why