Train services affected due to blockade
Asssam: Train services have been affected with several trains, including New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, detained following the indefinite rail blockade called from Friday by All Assam Bodo Joint Action Committee for Bodoland movement.
More than a thousand picketeers squatted on rail tracks at Bhatkuchi near Rangiya station, Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon since 5 am demanding Bodoland, official sources said.
Rajdhani Express was detained at Rangiya. The other affected trains include Brahmaputra Mail, North East Express, Kamrup Express, Saraighat Express - all detained at Guwahati station, Manas-Rhino Passenger train detained at Nalbari and several other Guwahati-bound trains detained at Bongaigaon station, railway sources said.
The police and CRPF personnel have been deployed along the tracks and negotiations were on with the agitators to lift the blockade.
The committee`s convener Sujit Basumatary said they would intensify movement if their demands were not met immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III