Train services affected due to blockade
Asssam: Train services have been affected with several trains, including New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, detained following the indefinite rail blockade called from Friday by All Assam Bodo Joint Action Committee for Bodoland movement.
More than a thousand picketeers squatted on rail tracks at Bhatkuchi near Rangiya station, Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon since 5 am demanding Bodoland, official sources said.
Rajdhani Express was detained at Rangiya. The other affected trains include Brahmaputra Mail, North East Express, Kamrup Express, Saraighat Express - all detained at Guwahati station, Manas-Rhino Passenger train detained at Nalbari and several other Guwahati-bound trains detained at Bongaigaon station, railway sources said.
The police and CRPF personnel have been deployed along the tracks and negotiations were on with the agitators to lift the blockade.
The committee`s convener Sujit Basumatary said they would intensify movement if their demands were not met immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US