Train services affected due to blockade
Asssam: Train services have been affected with several trains, including New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, detained following the indefinite rail blockade called from Friday by All Assam Bodo Joint Action Committee for Bodoland movement.
More than a thousand picketeers squatted on rail tracks at Bhatkuchi near Rangiya station, Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon since 5 am demanding Bodoland, official sources said.
Rajdhani Express was detained at Rangiya. The other affected trains include Brahmaputra Mail, North East Express, Kamrup Express, Saraighat Express - all detained at Guwahati station, Manas-Rhino Passenger train detained at Nalbari and several other Guwahati-bound trains detained at Bongaigaon station, railway sources said.
The police and CRPF personnel have been deployed along the tracks and negotiations were on with the agitators to lift the blockade.
The committee`s convener Sujit Basumatary said they would intensify movement if their demands were not met immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read