Train services affected due to blockade
Asssam: Train services have been affected with several trains, including New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, detained following the indefinite rail blockade called from Friday by All Assam Bodo Joint Action Committee for Bodoland movement.
More than a thousand picketeers squatted on rail tracks at Bhatkuchi near Rangiya station, Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon since 5 am demanding Bodoland, official sources said.
Rajdhani Express was detained at Rangiya. The other affected trains include Brahmaputra Mail, North East Express, Kamrup Express, Saraighat Express - all detained at Guwahati station, Manas-Rhino Passenger train detained at Nalbari and several other Guwahati-bound trains detained at Bongaigaon station, railway sources said.
The police and CRPF personnel have been deployed along the tracks and negotiations were on with the agitators to lift the blockade.
The committee`s convener Sujit Basumatary said they would intensify movement if their demands were not met immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report