Train services affected due to blockade
Asssam: Train services have been affected with several trains, including New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, detained following the indefinite rail blockade called from Friday by All Assam Bodo Joint Action Committee for Bodoland movement.
More than a thousand picketeers squatted on rail tracks at Bhatkuchi near Rangiya station, Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon since 5 am demanding Bodoland, official sources said.
Rajdhani Express was detained at Rangiya. The other affected trains include Brahmaputra Mail, North East Express, Kamrup Express, Saraighat Express - all detained at Guwahati station, Manas-Rhino Passenger train detained at Nalbari and several other Guwahati-bound trains detained at Bongaigaon station, railway sources said.
The police and CRPF personnel have been deployed along the tracks and negotiations were on with the agitators to lift the blockade.
The committee`s convener Sujit Basumatary said they would intensify movement if their demands were not met immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO