Train services restored on Silchar-Lumding line
Silchar: Train services on the Silchar- Lumding line connecting Southern Assam and North Eastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram resumed today after a fortnight as heavy landslides had damaged rail tracks.
A passenger train moved on the line yesterday on an experimental basis from Badarpur to Lumding and the green signal was given for running all trains on the route from today by North East Frontier Railway`s Chief Safety Officer D K Gayan.
The Barak Valley Express, Cachar Express and Agartala-Lumding Express today resumed services as per schedule, NF Railway sources said.
Train services were suspended since June one after heavy landslides due to incessant rainfall damaged tracks at several places between Harangajao and Mailongdisa railway stations in Dima Hasao district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal