Train services restored on Silchar-Lumding line
Silchar: Train services on the Silchar- Lumding line connecting Southern Assam and North Eastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram resumed today after a fortnight as heavy landslides had damaged rail tracks.
A passenger train moved on the line yesterday on an experimental basis from Badarpur to Lumding and the green signal was given for running all trains on the route from today by North East Frontier Railway`s Chief Safety Officer D K Gayan.
The Barak Valley Express, Cachar Express and Agartala-Lumding Express today resumed services as per schedule, NF Railway sources said.
Train services were suspended since June one after heavy landslides due to incessant rainfall damaged tracks at several places between Harangajao and Mailongdisa railway stations in Dima Hasao district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress