Train services restored on Silchar-Lumding line
Silchar: Train services on the Silchar- Lumding line connecting Southern Assam and North Eastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram resumed on Friday after a fortnight as heavy landslides had damaged rail tracks.
A passenger train moved on the line yesterday on an experimental basis from Badarpur to Lumding and the green signal was given for running all trains on the route from today by North East Frontier Railway`s Chief Safety Officer DK Gayan.
The Barak Valley Express, Cachar Express and Agartala-Lumding Express today resumed services as per schedule, NF Railway sources said.
Train services were suspended since June one after heavy landslides due to incessant rainfall damaged tracks at several places between Harangajao and Mailongdisa railway stations in Dima Hasao district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok