Tripura: 7 persons killed in storms, lightning
Agartala: At least seven persons were killed
and over 40 injured in storms and lightning which hit
different parts of the state, officials said on Wednesday.
In the last three days, lightning strike killed two
persons at Mohanpur and another in Bishalgarh in West Tripura
district while a girl and a boy were killed at Amarpur in
Gomati district. Another person lost his life at Belonia in
South Tripura district, they said.
During the heavy storm, a live electric wire came in
contact of a six-year-old boy at Dharmanagar in North Tripura
district leading to his death, police said.
At least 1000 houses including the makeshift camps of
paramilitary forces were devastated, many electric posts were
uprooted and cattle killed in different parts of the state in
last three days, police said.
Close to 40 people, including five jawans of security
forces were injured when their houses collapsed during the
storm, they said.
Police said security forces and Quick Reaction Teams
(QRT) of Disaster Management groups were busy in rescuing the
victims of the storm.
Sources in the MeT Office said the cyclonic storm is
likely to continue for the next forty eight hours in the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata