Tripura: 7 persons killed in storms, lightning
Agartala: At least seven persons were killed
and over 40 injured in storms and lightning which hit
different parts of the state, officials said on Wednesday.
In the last three days, lightning strike killed two
persons at Mohanpur and another in Bishalgarh in West Tripura
district while a girl and a boy were killed at Amarpur in
Gomati district. Another person lost his life at Belonia in
South Tripura district, they said.
During the heavy storm, a live electric wire came in
contact of a six-year-old boy at Dharmanagar in North Tripura
district leading to his death, police said.
At least 1000 houses including the makeshift camps of
paramilitary forces were devastated, many electric posts were
uprooted and cattle killed in different parts of the state in
last three days, police said.
Close to 40 people, including five jawans of security
forces were injured when their houses collapsed during the
storm, they said.
Police said security forces and Quick Reaction Teams
(QRT) of Disaster Management groups were busy in rescuing the
victims of the storm.
Sources in the MeT Office said the cyclonic storm is
likely to continue for the next forty eight hours in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report