Twelve injured in Assam blast
Guwahati: Twelve people, including three security personnel, were injured in a blast triggered by suspected militants in Assam`s Tinsukia district on Thursday evening, police said.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) LR Bishnoi said that the blast took place at Gandhi Murti Chowk near Doomdooma township in the district around 6.40 pm.
"Twelve people were injured and they included three policemen," Bishnoi said while adding that among the injured, three had been referred to the Tinsukia civil hospital for treatment.
The hands of militants belonging to the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) is suspected behind the blast, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill