Twelve injured in Assam blast
Guwahati: Twelve people, including three security personnel, were injured in a blast triggered by suspected militants in Assam`s Tinsukia district on Thursday evening, police said.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) LR Bishnoi said that the blast took place at Gandhi Murti Chowk near Doomdooma township in the district around 6.40 pm.
"Twelve people were injured and they included three policemen," Bishnoi said while adding that among the injured, three had been referred to the Tinsukia civil hospital for treatment.
The hands of militants belonging to the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) is suspected behind the blast, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred