Twelve injured in Assam blast
Guwahati: Twelve people, including three security personnel, were injured in a blast triggered by suspected militants in Assam`s Tinsukia district on Thursday evening, police said.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) LR Bishnoi said that the blast took place at Gandhi Murti Chowk near Doomdooma township in the district around 6.40 pm.
"Twelve people were injured and they included three policemen," Bishnoi said while adding that among the injured, three had been referred to the Tinsukia civil hospital for treatment.
The hands of militants belonging to the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) is suspected behind the blast, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?