Twelve injured in Assam blast
Guwahati: Twelve people, including three security personnel, were injured in a blast triggered by suspected militants in Assam`s Tinsukia district on Thursday evening, police said.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) LR Bishnoi said that the blast took place at Gandhi Murti Chowk near Doomdooma township in the district around 6.40 pm.
"Twelve people were injured and they included three policemen," Bishnoi said while adding that among the injured, three had been referred to the Tinsukia civil hospital for treatment.
The hands of militants belonging to the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) is suspected behind the blast, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price