Two AAU students found dead under mysterious condition in Assam
Jorhat: Bodies of two students of Assam Agriculture University (AAU) here were recovered from separate places under mysterious conditions on Saturday, official sources said.
An MSC student of the Department of Haematology identified as Kusum Tripura hailing from Tripura did not open his hostel door after knocking by his friends for two hours.
The door of the room was then broken open and he was rushed to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital where he was declared brought dead, the sources said.
The body of Tripura was sent for postmortem.
The body of another student, Avinash Gogoi of the undergraduate course of the University was recovered from the National Highway 37 near Bongaon in neighbouring Golaghat district, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title