Two AAU students found dead under mysterious condition in Assam
Jorhat: Bodies of two students of Assam Agriculture University (AAU) here were recovered from separate places under mysterious conditions on Saturday, official sources said.
An MSC student of the Department of Haematology identified as Kusum Tripura hailing from Tripura did not open his hostel door after knocking by his friends for two hours.
The door of the room was then broken open and he was rushed to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital where he was declared brought dead, the sources said.
The body of Tripura was sent for postmortem.
The body of another student, Avinash Gogoi of the undergraduate course of the University was recovered from the National Highway 37 near Bongaon in neighbouring Golaghat district, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!