Two Bodo militants killed in Assam
Guwahati: Police and security forces Friday killed two cadres of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) after a gunfight in Assam`s Kokrajhar district, police said.
The incident took place at Maltijhora village under Kajalgaon police station, located along the border of Kokrajhar and Dhubri districts, police said adding that slain militants had been identified as Anu Brahma alias Mushka and Pranay Brahma alias Tepra.
Suspected militants of the faction ambushed a police party at Beloguri area in the district Thursday, killing a police sub inspector and a civilian driver.
"A counter insurgency operation had been launched in areas along the borders of Dhubri and Kokrajhar districts. Today, a group of suspected anti-talk NDFB militants fired at the police and security forces forcing us to retaliate," said a senior police official adding that two militants were killed while the rest of the group managed to escape.
Police recovered an AK-47 rifle, three grenades, a 9 mm pistol and 32 rounds of live ammunition from the slain militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video