Two Bodoland militants gunned down in Assam encounter
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (Sangbijit faction) were gunned down in an encounter in Chirang district late on Tuesday night.
Superintendent of Police of Chirang District, Ranjan Bhuyan, said that a joint team of police and Army launched operations at Raijungbari after being tipped off about the whereabouts of the militants.
One linkman was injured during the encounter and shifted to a hospital.
Police have confirmed the recovery of an AK series rifle and grenades from the encounter site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened