Two Bodoland militants gunned down in Assam encounter
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (Sangbijit faction) were gunned down in an encounter in Chirang district late on Tuesday night.
Superintendent of Police of Chirang District, Ranjan Bhuyan, said that a joint team of police and Army launched operations at Raijungbari after being tipped off about the whereabouts of the militants.
One linkman was injured during the encounter and shifted to a hospital.
Police have confirmed the recovery of an AK series rifle and grenades from the encounter site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you
- Green tea or black tea - Which is better in summer?
- Indian History gives way to Marx, Hitler in Tripura textbooks
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final