Two Garo militants killed in Assam
Guwahati: Two militants from the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) have been killed in a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces in Assam, police said Sunday.
The incident took place in Jharpara in Goalpara district, around 110 km from here, Saturday night.
The two members of GNLA, a militant outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region, were killed during a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces, said Sushanta Biswa Sarma, Goalpara additional superintendent of police.
He said the team cordoned off the area following a tip-off and resorted to retaliatory firing after the militants opened fire.
Two pistols and some cartridges were recovered from the slain militants, who are yet to be identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today