Two Garo militants killed in Assam
Guwahati: Two militants from the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) have been killed in a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces in Assam, police said Sunday.
The incident took place in Jharpara in Goalpara district, around 110 km from here, Saturday night.
The two members of GNLA, a militant outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region, were killed during a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces, said Sushanta Biswa Sarma, Goalpara additional superintendent of police.
He said the team cordoned off the area following a tip-off and resorted to retaliatory firing after the militants opened fire.
Two pistols and some cartridges were recovered from the slain militants, who are yet to be identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America