Two Garo militants killed in Assam
Guwahati: Two militants from the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) have been killed in a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces in Assam, police said Sunday.
The incident took place in Jharpara in Goalpara district, around 110 km from here, Saturday night.
The two members of GNLA, a militant outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region, were killed during a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces, said Sushanta Biswa Sarma, Goalpara additional superintendent of police.
He said the team cordoned off the area following a tip-off and resorted to retaliatory firing after the militants opened fire.
Two pistols and some cartridges were recovered from the slain militants, who are yet to be identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan