Two Garo militants killed in Assam
Guwahati: Two militants from the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) have been killed in a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces in Assam, police said Sunday.
The incident took place in Jharpara in Goalpara district, around 110 km from here, Saturday night.
The two members of GNLA, a militant outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region, were killed during a gun battle with a joint team of police and security forces, said Sushanta Biswa Sarma, Goalpara additional superintendent of police.
He said the team cordoned off the area following a tip-off and resorted to retaliatory firing after the militants opened fire.
Two pistols and some cartridges were recovered from the slain militants, who are yet to be identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy