Two hardcore ULFA cadres surrender in Assam
Sibsagar: Two hardcore ULFA anti-talk cadres surrendered with sophisticated weapons before the police here on Friday.
The duo have been identified as Bhaskar Nath and Bedanta Barua and they surrendered two AK-81 rifles, four bottle grenades and two bullet proof jackets.
According to the police, the two were sent to organise the outfit in the district but later decided to surrender.
Meanwhile, extortion drive by the outfit in Upper Assam districts has increased with security being stepped up in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report