Two hardcore ULFA cadres surrender in Assam
Sibsagar: Two hardcore ULFA anti-talk cadres surrendered with sophisticated weapons before the police here on Friday.
The duo have been identified as Bhaskar Nath and Bedanta Barua and they surrendered two AK-81 rifles, four bottle grenades and two bullet proof jackets.
According to the police, the two were sent to organise the outfit in the district but later decided to surrender.
Meanwhile, extortion drive by the outfit in Upper Assam districts has increased with security being stepped up in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured