Two hardcore ULFA cadres surrender in Assam
Sibsagar: Two hardcore ULFA anti-talk cadres surrendered with sophisticated weapons before the police here on Friday.
The duo have been identified as Bhaskar Nath and Bedanta Barua and they surrendered two AK-81 rifles, four bottle grenades and two bullet proof jackets.
According to the police, the two were sent to organise the outfit in the district but later decided to surrender.
Meanwhile, extortion drive by the outfit in Upper Assam districts has increased with security being stepped up in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'