Two hardcore ULFA cadres surrender in Assam
Sibsagar: Two hardcore ULFA anti-talk cadres surrendered with sophisticated weapons before the police here on Friday.
The duo have been identified as Bhaskar Nath and Bedanta Barua and they surrendered two AK-81 rifles, four bottle grenades and two bullet proof jackets.
According to the police, the two were sent to organise the outfit in the district but later decided to surrender.
Meanwhile, extortion drive by the outfit in Upper Assam districts has increased with security being stepped up in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das