Two hardcore ULFA cadres surrender in Assam
Sibsagar: Two hardcore ULFA anti-talk cadres surrendered with sophisticated weapons before the police here on Friday.
The duo have been identified as Bhaskar Nath and Bedanta Barua and they surrendered two AK-81 rifles, four bottle grenades and two bullet proof jackets.
According to the police, the two were sent to organise the outfit in the district but later decided to surrender.
Meanwhile, extortion drive by the outfit in Upper Assam districts has increased with security being stepped up in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir