Two injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Lakhimpur (Assam): Two persons were injured
today when a hand-made bomb buried in the compound of a house
exploded at Sarmoti in upper Assam`s Lakhimpur district.
The bomb was found abandoned by a little boy about three
days ago and he had brought it home. The family members of the
boy kept it inside an underground dustbin, the police said.
The bomb went off under pressure around 7.30 AM causing
minor injuries to two tenants living in the compound.
The country-made bomb containing splinters, cycle ball
bearings and plastic bits was wrapped with coir, they said.
The injured were identified as Gopal Bora and Jatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre