Two injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Lakhimpur (Assam): Two persons were injured
today when a hand-made bomb buried in the compound of a house
exploded at Sarmoti in upper Assam`s Lakhimpur district.
The bomb was found abandoned by a little boy about three
days ago and he had brought it home. The family members of the
boy kept it inside an underground dustbin, the police said.
The bomb went off under pressure around 7.30 AM causing
minor injuries to two tenants living in the compound.
The country-made bomb containing splinters, cycle ball
bearings and plastic bits was wrapped with coir, they said.
The injured were identified as Gopal Bora and Jatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar