Two injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Lakhimpur (Assam): Two persons were injured
today when a hand-made bomb buried in the compound of a house
exploded at Sarmoti in upper Assam`s Lakhimpur district.
The bomb was found abandoned by a little boy about three
days ago and he had brought it home. The family members of the
boy kept it inside an underground dustbin, the police said.
The bomb went off under pressure around 7.30 AM causing
minor injuries to two tenants living in the compound.
The country-made bomb containing splinters, cycle ball
bearings and plastic bits was wrapped with coir, they said.
The injured were identified as Gopal Bora and Jatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured