Two injured in tiger attack
Guwahati: Two persons were injured after being attacked by a tiger on the vicinity of the Kaziranga National Park in Assam on Sunday.
Rajesh Naidu and Karma Bhumij, residents of a local tea garden, had gone to Bogorijuri South area near the Park to collect firewood where they were attacked by the tiger hiding in the woods, official sources said.
Though both sustained serious injuries, they fought back with sticks and the animal fled.
They were first admitted to a local hospital and then shifted to Jorhat Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister