Two labourers killed in fresh attacks in Assam
Guwahati: Two labourers were killed and another seriously injured in fresh violence in riot-hit lower Assam on Wednesday taking the overall death toll to 80.
Unidentified assailants fired on a group of minority labourers working in a brick kiln field at Bangaldoba in Dhubri district killing two of them and injuring another, police sources said.
The attack took place during relaxation of day curfew following improvement in the situation.
Dhubri deputy commissioner Kumud Chandra Kalita and senior police officials rushed to the spot.
The injured labourer was admitted to the civil hospital at Dhubri.
Night curfew is continuing in Dhubri, Kokrajhar and Chirang districts.
The violence in lower Assam has led to exodus from other states because of a fear psychosis.
Meanwhile, 8,186 refugees have left camps for home in in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts though those in temporary shelters in Dhubri and Bongaigaon continued to stay, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred