Two labourers killed in fresh attacks in Assam
Guwahati: Two labourers were killed and another seriously injured in fresh violence in riot-hit lower Assam on Wednesday taking the overall death toll to 80.
Unidentified assailants fired on a group of minority labourers working in a brick kiln field at Bangaldoba in Dhubri district killing two of them and injuring another, police sources said.
The attack took place during relaxation of day curfew following improvement in the situation.
Dhubri deputy commissioner Kumud Chandra Kalita and senior police officials rushed to the spot.
The injured labourer was admitted to the civil hospital at Dhubri.
Night curfew is continuing in Dhubri, Kokrajhar and Chirang districts.
The violence in lower Assam has led to exodus from other states because of a fear psychosis.
Meanwhile, 8,186 refugees have left camps for home in in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts though those in temporary shelters in Dhubri and Bongaigaon continued to stay, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill