Two labourers killed in fresh attacks in Assam
Guwahati: Two labourers were killed and another seriously injured in fresh violence in riot-hit lower Assam on Wednesday taking the overall death toll to 80.
Unidentified assailants fired on a group of minority labourers working in a brick kiln field at Bangaldoba in Dhubri district killing two of them and injuring another, police sources said.
The attack took place during relaxation of day curfew following improvement in the situation.
Dhubri deputy commissioner Kumud Chandra Kalita and senior police officials rushed to the spot.
The injured labourer was admitted to the civil hospital at Dhubri.
Night curfew is continuing in Dhubri, Kokrajhar and Chirang districts.
The violence in lower Assam has led to exodus from other states because of a fear psychosis.
Meanwhile, 8,186 refugees have left camps for home in in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts though those in temporary shelters in Dhubri and Bongaigaon continued to stay, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'