Two minor girls rescued
Tezpur: Two minor girls who were engaged as labourers in a brick kiln factory were rescued by the Sonitpur district administration in Assam on Tuesday.
The girls were rescued from Borghati near here after
they were employed as labourers by a team of the district
administration led by Sompriti Goswami, assistant commissioner
and Saniram Bora, circle officer.
The team has started a district wide operation to
prevent child trafficking in the over 150 brick kiln factories
operating in the district.
District administration sources pointed out that the
factories, operating without proper government licence, were
engaging child labourers for many years.
The UNICEF and the Assam Mahila Samata Society, a
women group, have lauded the efforts of the district
administration in rescuing the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj