Two minor girls rescued
Tezpur: Two minor girls who were engaged as labourers in a brick kiln factory were rescued by the Sonitpur district administration in Assam on Tuesday.
The girls were rescued from Borghati near here after
they were employed as labourers by a team of the district
administration led by Sompriti Goswami, assistant commissioner
and Saniram Bora, circle officer.
The team has started a district wide operation to
prevent child trafficking in the over 150 brick kiln factories
operating in the district.
District administration sources pointed out that the
factories, operating without proper government licence, were
engaging child labourers for many years.
The UNICEF and the Assam Mahila Samata Society, a
women group, have lauded the efforts of the district
administration in rescuing the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today