Two National Highways declared in Assam
Guwahati: Union Ministry of Surface Road Transport and Highways has declared two roads of Assam, linking neighbouring states Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh, as National Highways.
The highways starting from Tinsukia on NH15,connecting Naharkatia and Hukanjuri of Assam and terminating at Khonsa on NH215 in Arunachal Pradesh has been declared as NH315(A) and the other highway starts from Srirampur on NH27,connecting Phulbari, Tura, Rongram, Ronjeng and terminating at Nongston on NH106 in Meghalaya has been declared as NH127(B).
The total length of NH315(A) and NH127(B) are 99 km and 401 km respectively, an official release said here today.
Assam government had earlier submitted a proposal in this regard following a demand from the people of the three states of Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation