Two NDFB militants killed in encounter
Tezpur: Two hardcore NDFB (anti-talk faction) militants were on Thursday killed in an
encounter with security forces in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police and Army personnel launched a search operation in Dipanjali forest area near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border and a fierce encounter followed in which the two militants were killed, Sonitpur Superintendent of Police Anand Prakash Tiwari said.
The security forces have also recovered two AK-56 rifles and some ammunition from the militants who have been identified as the outfit`s `Platoon Commander` Duphang and his bodyguard Nilant.
Combing operations were still continuing in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video