Two NDFB militants killed in encounter
Tezpur: Two hardcore NDFB (anti-talk faction) militants were on Thursday killed in an
encounter with security forces in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police and Army personnel launched a search operation in Dipanjali forest area near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border and a fierce encounter followed in which the two militants were killed, Sonitpur Superintendent of Police Anand Prakash Tiwari said.
The security forces have also recovered two AK-56 rifles and some ammunition from the militants who have been identified as the outfit`s `Platoon Commander` Duphang and his bodyguard Nilant.
Combing operations were still continuing in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!