Two NDFB-S ultras killed, 2 policemen injured in encounter
Tezpur: Two Bodo militants have been killed and two policemen injured in an encounter at Tarabari in Assam`s Sonitpur district.
A group of eight militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (I K Sangbijit faction) fired at policemen at Tarabari near the border with Arunachal Pradesh last night, Superintendent of Police Arabinda Kalita said on Thursday.
In the encounter which followed two militants were killed while the others escaped, and a police officer and a constable were injured, Kalita said.
Police recovered two pistols and ammunition from the slain cadres.
One of them was identified as Gaurang Basumatary of Goalpara district whom police was searching. The identity of the other was not known.
The police were on the look-out for Gauranga Basumatary, a key figure in the Sangbijit faction, who was involved in the killing of tea planter Adilur Rahman on November 14 last year at Nagdha near the Assam-Arunachal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16