Two NDFB-S ultras killed, 2 policemen injured in encounter
Tezpur: Two Bodo militants have been killed and two policemen injured in an encounter at Tarabari in Assam`s Sonitpur district.
A group of eight militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (I K Sangbijit faction) fired at policemen at Tarabari near the border with Arunachal Pradesh last night, Superintendent of Police Arabinda Kalita said on Thursday.
In the encounter which followed two militants were killed while the others escaped, and a police officer and a constable were injured, Kalita said.
Police recovered two pistols and ammunition from the slain cadres.
One of them was identified as Gaurang Basumatary of Goalpara district whom police was searching. The identity of the other was not known.
The police were on the look-out for Gauranga Basumatary, a key figure in the Sangbijit faction, who was involved in the killing of tea planter Adilur Rahman on November 14 last year at Nagdha near the Assam-Arunachal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!