Two NDFB-S ultras killed, 2 policemen injured in encounter
Tezpur: Two Bodo militants have been killed and two policemen injured in an encounter at Tarabari in Assam`s Sonitpur district.
A group of eight militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (I K Sangbijit faction) fired at policemen at Tarabari near the border with Arunachal Pradesh last night, Superintendent of Police Arabinda Kalita said on Thursday.
In the encounter which followed two militants were killed while the others escaped, and a police officer and a constable were injured, Kalita said.
Police recovered two pistols and ammunition from the slain cadres.
One of them was identified as Gaurang Basumatary of Goalpara district whom police was searching. The identity of the other was not known.
The police were on the look-out for Gauranga Basumatary, a key figure in the Sangbijit faction, who was involved in the killing of tea planter Adilur Rahman on November 14 last year at Nagdha near the Assam-Arunachal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Shamed Pakistan rejects India's claim of "surgical strikes" across LoC