Two NDFB-S ultras killed, 2 policemen injured in encounter
Tezpur: Two Bodo militants have been killed and two policemen injured in an encounter at Tarabari in Assam`s Sonitpur district.
A group of eight militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (I K Sangbijit faction) fired at policemen at Tarabari near the border with Arunachal Pradesh last night, Superintendent of Police Arabinda Kalita said on Thursday.
In the encounter which followed two militants were killed while the others escaped, and a police officer and a constable were injured, Kalita said.
Police recovered two pistols and ammunition from the slain cadres.
One of them was identified as Gaurang Basumatary of Goalpara district whom police was searching. The identity of the other was not known.
The police were on the look-out for Gauranga Basumatary, a key figure in the Sangbijit faction, who was involved in the killing of tea planter Adilur Rahman on November 14 last year at Nagdha near the Assam-Arunachal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015