Two poachers arrested in Assam
Guwahati: Two poachers, allegedly involved in recent poaching of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park, have been arrested on Sunday in a joint operation by police and forest department in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said here.
Police and forest department officials, who had launched a massive search operation in the areas around the Park, nabbed the duo from North Bank of Brahmaputra at Bishwanath Ghat, they said.
The duo have been identified as Aamir Islam and Moina Das and were suspected to be involved in the recent killing of rhinos and removal of horns in the park, they said.
Twelve rhinos have been killed by poachers during the last two months in KNP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!