Two poachers arrested in Assam
Guwahati: Two poachers, allegedly involved in recent poaching of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park, have been arrested on Sunday in a joint operation by police and forest department in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said here.
Police and forest department officials, who had launched a massive search operation in the areas around the Park, nabbed the duo from North Bank of Brahmaputra at Bishwanath Ghat, they said.
The duo have been identified as Aamir Islam and Moina Das and were suspected to be involved in the recent killing of rhinos and removal of horns in the park, they said.
Twelve rhinos have been killed by poachers during the last two months in KNP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka