Two poachers arrested in Assam
Guwahati: Two poachers, allegedly involved in recent poaching of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park, have been arrested on Sunday in a joint operation by police and forest department in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said here.
Police and forest department officials, who had launched a massive search operation in the areas around the Park, nabbed the duo from North Bank of Brahmaputra at Bishwanath Ghat, they said.
The duo have been identified as Aamir Islam and Moina Das and were suspected to be involved in the recent killing of rhinos and removal of horns in the park, they said.
Twelve rhinos have been killed by poachers during the last two months in KNP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley