Two poachers arrested in Assam
Guwahati: Two poachers, allegedly involved in recent poaching of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park, have been arrested on Sunday in a joint operation by police and forest department in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said here.
Police and forest department officials, who had launched a massive search operation in the areas around the Park, nabbed the duo from North Bank of Brahmaputra at Bishwanath Ghat, they said.
The duo have been identified as Aamir Islam and Moina Das and were suspected to be involved in the recent killing of rhinos and removal of horns in the park, they said.
Twelve rhinos have been killed by poachers during the last two months in KNP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists