Two poachers arrested in Assam
Guwahati: Two poachers, allegedly involved in recent poaching of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park, have been arrested on Sunday in a joint operation by police and forest department in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said here.
Police and forest department officials, who had launched a massive search operation in the areas around the Park, nabbed the duo from North Bank of Brahmaputra at Bishwanath Ghat, they said.
The duo have been identified as Aamir Islam and Moina Das and were suspected to be involved in the recent killing of rhinos and removal of horns in the park, they said.
Twelve rhinos have been killed by poachers during the last two months in KNP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP