Two poachers arrested in Assam
Kaziranga: Two poachers allegedly involved in the recent killings of a rhino and removal of its horns in Kaziranga National Park were apprehended by police in Golaghat district.
Acting on a tip-off, the police launched a search operation in Balijan Adarsh Mising village under Bokakhat police station and arrested the two from their residence.
The police recovered a Chinese made M-22 rifle with seven rounds of ammunitions and a .303 rifle with six cartridges from the poachers who have been identified as Zila Doley and Bhaiti Pegu.
The police claimed that the hunt was on to nab five more poachers allegedly involved in the killing of the rhino.
Meanwhile, forest personnel arrested two persons last evening for allegedly killing two deer and consuming its meat at Khotiakhuli in Numaligarh area bordering Karbi Anglong district.
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta