Two poachers arrested in Assam
Kaziranga: Two poachers allegedly involved in the recent killings of a rhino and removal of its horns in Kaziranga National Park were apprehended by police in Golaghat district.
Acting on a tip-off, the police launched a search operation in Balijan Adarsh Mising village under Bokakhat police station and arrested the two from their residence.
The police recovered a Chinese made M-22 rifle with seven rounds of ammunitions and a .303 rifle with six cartridges from the poachers who have been identified as Zila Doley and Bhaiti Pegu.
The police claimed that the hunt was on to nab five more poachers allegedly involved in the killing of the rhino.
Meanwhile, forest personnel arrested two persons last evening for allegedly killing two deer and consuming its meat at Khotiakhuli in Numaligarh area bordering Karbi Anglong district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon