Two poachers arrested in Assam
Kaziranga: Two poachers allegedly involved in the recent killings of a rhino and removal of its horns in Kaziranga National Park were apprehended by police in Golaghat district.
Acting on a tip-off, the police launched a search operation in Balijan Adarsh Mising village under Bokakhat police station and arrested the two from their residence.
The police recovered a Chinese made M-22 rifle with seven rounds of ammunitions and a .303 rifle with six cartridges from the poachers who have been identified as Zila Doley and Bhaiti Pegu.
The police claimed that the hunt was on to nab five more poachers allegedly involved in the killing of the rhino.
Meanwhile, forest personnel arrested two persons last evening for allegedly killing two deer and consuming its meat at Khotiakhuli in Numaligarh area bordering Karbi Anglong district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits