Two poachers arrested in Assam
Kaziranga: Two poachers allegedly involved in the recent killings of a rhino and removal of its horns in Kaziranga National Park were apprehended by police in Golaghat district.
Acting on a tip-off, the police launched a search operation in Balijan Adarsh Mising village under Bokakhat police station and arrested the two from their residence.
The police recovered a Chinese made M-22 rifle with seven rounds of ammunitions and a .303 rifle with six cartridges from the poachers who have been identified as Zila Doley and Bhaiti Pegu.
The police claimed that the hunt was on to nab five more poachers allegedly involved in the killing of the rhino.
Meanwhile, forest personnel arrested two persons last evening for allegedly killing two deer and consuming its meat at Khotiakhuli in Numaligarh area bordering Karbi Anglong district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?