Two policemen injured; arms, explosive recovered in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two Assam Police constables were seriously injured at Jorhat bypass here in upper Assam when unidentified youths lobbed a grenade at a police patrol Tuesday.
The security men signalled two youths with gunny bags on a bicycle to stop, but the youths lobbed a hand grenade at the patrol vehicle before fleeing early today, Jorhat SP Sunjukta Parasor said.
Constables Keshab Gogoi and Bolin Sonowal were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital with serious injuries, the SP said.
The police seized the bicycle along with 60 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 28 rounds of magazines, a bottle grenade and a hand grenade, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials