Two policemen injured; arms, explosive recovered in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two Assam Police constables were seriously injured at Jorhat bypass here in upper Assam when unidentified youths lobbed a grenade at a police patrol Tuesday.
The security men signalled two youths with gunny bags on a bicycle to stop, but the youths lobbed a hand grenade at the patrol vehicle before fleeing early today, Jorhat SP Sunjukta Parasor said.
Constables Keshab Gogoi and Bolin Sonowal were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital with serious injuries, the SP said.
The police seized the bicycle along with 60 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 28 rounds of magazines, a bottle grenade and a hand grenade, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...