Two policemen injured; arms, explosive recovered in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two Assam Police constables were seriously injured at Jorhat bypass here in upper Assam when unidentified youths lobbed a grenade at a police patrol Tuesday.
The security men signalled two youths with gunny bags on a bicycle to stop, but the youths lobbed a hand grenade at the patrol vehicle before fleeing early today, Jorhat SP Sunjukta Parasor said.
Constables Keshab Gogoi and Bolin Sonowal were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital with serious injuries, the SP said.
The police seized the bicycle along with 60 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 28 rounds of magazines, a bottle grenade and a hand grenade, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam