Two policemen injured; arms, explosive recovered in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two Assam Police constables were seriously injured at Jorhat bypass here in upper Assam when unidentified youths lobbed a grenade at a police patrol Tuesday.
The security men signalled two youths with gunny bags on a bicycle to stop, but the youths lobbed a hand grenade at the patrol vehicle before fleeing early today, Jorhat SP Sunjukta Parasor said.
Constables Keshab Gogoi and Bolin Sonowal were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital with serious injuries, the SP said.
The police seized the bicycle along with 60 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 28 rounds of magazines, a bottle grenade and a hand grenade, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!