Two policemen injured; arms, explosive recovered in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two Assam Police constables were seriously injured at Jorhat bypass here in upper Assam when unidentified youths lobbed a grenade at a police patrol Tuesday.
The security men signalled two youths with gunny bags on a bicycle to stop, but the youths lobbed a hand grenade at the patrol vehicle before fleeing early today, Jorhat SP Sunjukta Parasor said.
Constables Keshab Gogoi and Bolin Sonowal were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital with serious injuries, the SP said.
The police seized the bicycle along with 60 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, 28 rounds of magazines, a bottle grenade and a hand grenade, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look