Two powerful bombs recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Two powerful bombs were recovered on Thursday in Sibsagar and Kokrajhar districts of Assam, official sources said here.
A powerful bomb, weighing more than five kg, was recovered by the police from a bus at Bhatiapar on National Highway-37 in Sibsagar district.
Another Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was recovered from Goassaigaon railway station in Kokrajhar district.
Both the bombs have been defused and additional security personnel have been deployed in Gossaigaon, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion