Two powerful grenades recovered from bus
Guwahati: Two powerful Chinese grenades were recovered from a Guwahati-bound bus and a suspected ULFA militant arrested from Assam`s Darrang district on Wednesday.
A joint team of army and police during routine patrolling recovered the grenades kept wrapped in a polythene bag under the seat of an Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus on its way to Tezpur from Guwahati.
The grenades were being carried by two suspected ULFA militants, who boarded the bus from Baihata Chariali in Kamrup (Rural) district, the police said.
The police arrested one of them, while the other managed to escape.
The arrested has been identified and is suspected to be a member of Paresh Barua led ULFA`s anti-talk faction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender