Two powerful grenades recovered from bus
Guwahati: Two powerful Chinese grenades were recovered from a Guwahati-bound bus and a suspected ULFA militant arrested from Assam`s Darrang district on Wednesday.
A joint team of army and police during routine patrolling recovered the grenades kept wrapped in a polythene bag under the seat of an Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus on its way to Tezpur from Guwahati.
The grenades were being carried by two suspected ULFA militants, who boarded the bus from Baihata Chariali in Kamrup (Rural) district, the police said.
The police arrested one of them, while the other managed to escape.
The arrested has been identified and is suspected to be a member of Paresh Barua led ULFA`s anti-talk faction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi