Two powerful grenades recovered from bus
Guwahati: Two powerful Chinese grenades were recovered from a Guwahati-bound bus and a suspected ULFA militant arrested from Assam`s Darrang district on Wednesday.
A joint team of army and police during routine patrolling recovered the grenades kept wrapped in a polythene bag under the seat of an Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus on its way to Tezpur from Guwahati.
The grenades were being carried by two suspected ULFA militants, who boarded the bus from Baihata Chariali in Kamrup (Rural) district, the police said.
The police arrested one of them, while the other managed to escape.
The arrested has been identified and is suspected to be a member of Paresh Barua led ULFA`s anti-talk faction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?