Two powerful IEDs recovered in Assam
Sibsagar (Assam): Two powerful IEDs,
suspected to have planted by ULFA`s anti-talk faction, were
on Friday recovered by security forces from under a bridge in
Assam`s Sibsagar district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, army recovered two IEDs, weighing
between 10 and 12 kg each, from under a bridge connecting
Sonari and Namrup at Medalajan area, they said.
The IEDs were kept inside a pipe under the bridge. A bomb
disposal squad rushed to the spot and defused the explosives.
The IEDs were suspected to have been planted by ULFA`s
anti-talk faction to make its presence felt after it rejected
the unilateral ceasefire declared by the pro-talk faction to
pave the way for peace talks to resolve the outstanding issues
espoused by the outfit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog