Two powerful IEDs recovered in Assam
Sibsagar (Assam): Two powerful IEDs,
suspected to have planted by ULFA`s anti-talk faction, were
on Friday recovered by security forces from under a bridge in
Assam`s Sibsagar district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, army recovered two IEDs, weighing
between 10 and 12 kg each, from under a bridge connecting
Sonari and Namrup at Medalajan area, they said.
The IEDs were kept inside a pipe under the bridge. A bomb
disposal squad rushed to the spot and defused the explosives.
The IEDs were suspected to have been planted by ULFA`s
anti-talk faction to make its presence felt after it rejected
the unilateral ceasefire declared by the pro-talk faction to
pave the way for peace talks to resolve the outstanding issues
espoused by the outfit, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav