Two sentenced in Assam PDS scam
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were on Monday sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment for their involvement in the PDS rice scam in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Tinsukia Chief Judicial Magistrate NS Deori sentenced former Kakopathar Block Development Officer Alizur Rehman Bora and Extension Officer Kshitij Kakati to seven years RI along with a fine of Rs 50,000 each.
The duo were convicted for selling PDS rice, meant to be sold to BPL section at Rs two, at Rs 12-14 in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming