Two sentenced in Assam PDS scam
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were on Monday sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment for their involvement in the PDS rice scam in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Tinsukia Chief Judicial Magistrate NS Deori sentenced former Kakopathar Block Development Officer Alizur Rehman Bora and Extension Officer Kshitij Kakati to seven years RI along with a fine of Rs 50,000 each.
The duo were convicted for selling PDS rice, meant to be sold to BPL section at Rs two, at Rs 12-14 in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal