Two sentenced in Assam PDS scam
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were on Monday sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment for their involvement in the PDS rice scam in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Tinsukia Chief Judicial Magistrate NS Deori sentenced former Kakopathar Block Development Officer Alizur Rehman Bora and Extension Officer Kshitij Kakati to seven years RI along with a fine of Rs 50,000 each.
The duo were convicted for selling PDS rice, meant to be sold to BPL section at Rs two, at Rs 12-14 in 2007.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for