Two sentenced in Assam PDS scam
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were on Monday sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment for their involvement in the PDS rice scam in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Tinsukia Chief Judicial Magistrate NS Deori sentenced former Kakopathar Block Development Officer Alizur Rehman Bora and Extension Officer Kshitij Kakati to seven years RI along with a fine of Rs 50,000 each.
The duo were convicted for selling PDS rice, meant to be sold to BPL section at Rs two, at Rs 12-14 in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university