Two suspected Naxals held in Assam
Guwahati: Two suspected Naxalites on Saturday apprehended by security forces from the Tinsukia district of Assam.
The two alleged Maoists were intercepted by a joint squad of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police in the Kako Pathar-Nayamati area of the district when they were near a picket erected to nab suspects, officials said.
The two have been identified by security forces as Papu Gogoi (28), a resident of Dibrugarh in the state and Tapan Neogi (21) a resident of Tinsukia.
A Chinese made pistol and a magazine have also been recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister