Two suspected ultras arrested with arms, ammos
Haflong: Two suspected insurgents with arms, ammunition and some documents were arrested from Lumding railway station in Dima Hasao district in Assam.
Based on intelligence inputs, the police and Railway Police Force arrested the two underground suspects Rahul Bodo alias Tusi Sukripa and Monjit Langthasa last night.
A 7.65mm USA-made pistol, five rounds of ammunition, three demand notes of local extremist outfit Dima Jadi Naiso Army (DJNA) signed by one Rinjon Dimasa were recovered from the two, a police official said.
Two more demand notes of another militant group United People`s Liberation Front (UPLF) signed by S Dimasa along with a money receipt book and two mobile handsets were also seized from the duo, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors