Two ULFA cadre killed in encounter in Assam
Dibrugarh (Assam): Two cadre of ULFA`s anti- talk faction were killed on Monday in an encounter during a joint operation of police and army personnel at Assam`s Dibrugarh district, officials said.
The encounter took place at Silpota village in Tiloi Nagar area.
Based on intelligence feedback, a team of Army and police personnel intercepted four ULFA cadre at a field in the village. The militants fired at the security forces. In the retaliatory action, two ULFA members died, the officials said, adding that the rest managed to flee.
One Germany-made rifle, two Chinese hand grenades, one US-made pistol, huge quantity of magazines and bullets, along with some extortion notes were found from the encounter site.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'