Two ULFA cadre killed in encounter in Assam
Dibrugarh (Assam): Two cadre of ULFA`s anti- talk faction were killed on Monday in an encounter during a joint operation of police and army personnel at Assam`s Dibrugarh district, officials said.
The encounter took place at Silpota village in Tiloi Nagar area.
Based on intelligence feedback, a team of Army and police personnel intercepted four ULFA cadre at a field in the village. The militants fired at the security forces. In the retaliatory action, two ULFA members died, the officials said, adding that the rest managed to flee.
One Germany-made rifle, two Chinese hand grenades, one US-made pistol, huge quantity of magazines and bullets, along with some extortion notes were found from the encounter site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube