Two ULFA terrorists killed in encounter
Guwahati: Two ULFA (anti-talk) faction terrorists were killed in an encounter with a joint team of the Army and Assam Police.
According to an Army official release, the two militants were killed Sunday night at Dakurbhita in Goalpara district.
The joint team also recovered two US-made pistols, live ammunition and three extortion notes from their possession.
The terrorists had demanded extortion money from a number of businessmen in Goalpara district and were involved in several terror acts, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands