Two ULFA terrorists killed in encounter
Guwahati: Two ULFA (anti-talk) faction terrorists were killed in an encounter with a joint team of the Army and Assam Police.
According to an Army official release, the two militants were killed Sunday night at Dakurbhita in Goalpara district.
The joint team also recovered two US-made pistols, live ammunition and three extortion notes from their possession.
The terrorists had demanded extortion money from a number of businessmen in Goalpara district and were involved in several terror acts, the release said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank