Two ULFA terrorists killed in encounter
Guwahati: Two ULFA (anti-talk) faction terrorists were killed in an encounter with a joint team of the Army and Assam Police.
According to an Army official release, the two militants were killed Sunday night at Dakurbhita in Goalpara district.
The joint team also recovered two US-made pistols, live ammunition and three extortion notes from their possession.
The terrorists had demanded extortion money from a number of businessmen in Goalpara district and were involved in several terror acts, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO
- Russia facing Rio Olympic, Paralympic ban