Two ULFA(I) militants killed in Assam encounter
Goalpara: Two ULFA (independent) militants were killed in an encounter with the police in Goalpara district of Assam, a senior police officer said on Tuesday.
The police team had launched an operation at Beldangpara in Krishnai area of the district to rescue an abducted boy from the clutches of the militants late last night, Superintendent of Police (in-charge) Rosy Kalita said.
On seeing the police team, the militants tried to escape and started firing, the SP said.
The police personnel retaliated in which the two militants were killed, the SP said.
During the gunbattle, police Commando battalion Inspector Sanin Stone Momin received bullet injuries on his leg and was admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital, she said.
The abducted boy was rescued and one Hiteswar Chakravorty, who had kidnapped the boy for ULFA was arrested in Goalpara town, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh