Two ULFA(I) militants killed in Assam encounter
Goalpara: Two ULFA (independent) militants were killed in an encounter with the police in Goalpara district of Assam, a senior police officer said Tuesday.
The police team had launched an operation at Beldangpara in Krishnai area of the district to rescue an abducted boy from the clutches of the militants late last night, Superintendent of Police (in-charge) Rosy Kalita said.
On seeing the police team, the militants tried to escape and started firing, the SP said.
The police personnel retaliated in which the two militants were killed, the SP said.
During the gunbattle, police Commando battalion Inspector Sanin Stone Momin received bullet injuries on his leg and was admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital, she said.
The abducted boy was rescued and one Hiteswar Chakravorty, who had kidnapped the boy for ULFA was arrested in Goalpara town, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video