UDLF(B) ultra killed in encounter
Karimganj: A United Democratic Liberation Front (Breakaway faction) militant was killed and another caught by the Army in Karimganj district of Assam on Saturday.
Acting on intelligence inputs regarding movement of UDLF(B) cadres near Munaphichherra area in the district bordering Mizoram, the army along with police launched an operation and in an encounter killed Mantu Reang (35). One Bidhu Ram Reang was held.
Army recovered one 0.22 rifle, one hand made pistol, ammunition and 3 mobile sets from their possession.
The two were in a group of 8 militants who were moving about in the area. Six of them escaped, the sources said.
The gang was allegedly involved in the kidnapping of Shekhar Deb, a businessman of Cheragi, on September 2.He was released on October 6, police said.
UDLF(B) is a breakaway faction of the United Liberation Front of Barak Valley (ULFBV).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes