UDLF(B) ultra killed in encounter
Karimganj: A United Democratic Liberation Front (Breakaway faction) militant was killed and another caught by the Army in Karimganj district of Assam on Saturday.
Acting on intelligence inputs regarding movement of UDLF(B) cadres near Munaphichherra area in the district bordering Mizoram, the army along with police launched an operation and in an encounter killed Mantu Reang (35). One Bidhu Ram Reang was held.
Army recovered one 0.22 rifle, one hand made pistol, ammunition and 3 mobile sets from their possession.
The two were in a group of 8 militants who were moving about in the area. Six of them escaped, the sources said.
The gang was allegedly involved in the kidnapping of Shekhar Deb, a businessman of Cheragi, on September 2.He was released on October 6, police said.
UDLF(B) is a breakaway faction of the United Liberation Front of Barak Valley (ULFBV).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook