ULFA anti-talk faction flays Mithinga Daimary
Guwahati: The anti-talk ULFA faction on Monday
criticised pro-talk publicity secretary Mithinga Daimary for
making "disparaging and abusive" comments against the former
for rejecting the charter of demand submitted by the outfit
Chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa to the Centre.
"Daimary`s comments against the leaders and cadres
of the outfit was in bad state and against the ideals of the
organisation," ULFA anti-talk faction`s Publicity Secretary
Arun Udoy Dohotiya said in a statement e-mailed to the media.
Daimary had reportedly said that "it was
meaningless to show light to the blind" after the anti-talk
faction rejected the charter of demand submitted to the Union
Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday last.
"We have rejected the Charter of Demands because it
has compromised on the issue of sovereignty and is against the
basic principles of the outfit as well as the aspirations of
the indigenous people of the state," Dohotiya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez